The public IBM i for everyone!
Welcome to PUB400.COM - your public IBM i V7R3 server!
PUB400 and its predecessor PUB1 have almost 15 years of history in serving access to AS400 and IBM i to the public.
In these years, there were more than 60.000 people from all of the world accessing the system, learning, programming
and having fun. It created a lot of work for us to provide this service, but we had no issue with this as we wanted
to give some place to learn. In the last 2-3 years the type of users on PUB400 changed significally...
More and more training companies started setting up classes on PUB400 and offered their clients a place to learn
but they asked for money. So they used our free infrastructure to run some business. Well, this might be a legitime
thought if we were not telling them that this is some kind of unfriendly abuse. We offered them some better
Infrastructure, dedicated Partitions where they have more service. Not interested. But we know who you are...
So we decided to shut down PUB400 for some months to calm down the situation - sorry to all other private users
who just wanted to have a place to learn RPG, SQL etc...
After reactivating PUB400 again, we saw the same behaviour... which is not acceptable. So in future, there will be
some new rules:
For info on signon, click to signup now!
- new user profiles can be created again, but we will monitor usage
- There will be a hard restriction on number of connections from a single IP
- There will be a hard setting on excluding other users from a users library
- There will be no backup, and there will be no guarantee that PUB400 is online if you need it.
- If you need reliable access, high quality service, just visit RZKH.DE
- PUB400.COM will be a playground. But it will not be a place to make business without the efforts...
For existing users: Reset your password if you cannot signon.
Status: 2019-09-13 - there was an issue in our request handling program,
so your requests might have been delayed. Currently all new user requests are